- He had the idea to raise taxes to cover the CIB shortfall while demanding no accountability from the CIB.
- He had the idea to give the Pacers $33.5 million of our tax dollars even though not obligated by any contract.
- He had the idea to fund payments to the Pacers out of property tax revenue by playing a shell game with ICVA and MDC.
- He had the idea to hand out a 50 year no bid, monopoly parking contract to a politically-connected private company which had already been involved in one major privatization screw up in the State.
- He had the idea that handing out millions of dollars for corporate welfare should take priority over the City's libraries, bus system and parks.
- He had the idea to float a $98 million dollars bond to loan money to a developer (who is a client of the Marion County Republican Chairman) who couldn't get a loan from any lender as the company's project was deemed too risky.
- He has had the idea to propose raising taxes and fees not once, but more than 100 times.
- He had the idea of "selling" the city's water and sewer utilities to another public entity so the public can fund paving of roads with a 30 year bond.
- He had the idea to hire outsider Frank "Call Me Doctor" Straub for a position he is clearly not suited for which has lead to a demoralization of police morale.
Those are just a few of the Mayor's "ideas" that I can think of just off the top of my head. Mr. Burns, you owe Mayor Ballard an apology. He has plenty of ideas. They're just all BAD ideas.